Monday, June 11, 2012

Winter in Australia and EM in Germany

07-11 June 2012 – Waiting in hostels and watching Germany vs. Portugal at 4.45 AM

Since it is winter in Australia, the weather is bad and with temperatures about 20-25 °C quite cold (not for Germans but for OZis it is). Therefore, I had to stay in hostels, waiting for better wetter and a tour on Fraser Island. The first 2 nights I spent my nights in a nice hostel with a great pool (which I never used because of the weather), free wi-fi and breakfast. Thanks to free wi-fi, Hans, another German, and I were able to watch the EM-game in the early morning, but we had to do this on the terrace, since the common area was closed for the night. However, we had some cold good morning beers and Germany won. The next day Hans and I went to another hostel, which offered us a great deal for a Fraser Island tour and 3 nights accommodation for only 300 $ (250 €). Sounds like a lot of money but is very cheap for Australia. The hostel was a bit worse but ok as well. We played with an Opossum and enjoyed the sun. Tomorrow we will start the 3 days/2 nights camping tour on Fraser Island. I’m very excited and will post my impressions and some pictures soon.

CIMG9538CIMG9540CIMG9547CIMG9557CIMG9560CIMG9576

Next stop Fraser Island….