Friday, June 8, 2012

Dive into another World–The Great Barrier Reef

05-06 June 2012 – Aboard the Rum Runner

The Great Barrier Reef is world famous for its coral reefs and the beautiful underwater world. Fortunately, I got a very cheap 2 days/1 night trip with an introduction dive and a lot of snorkelling. I never dived in my life before, so it was very nervous. I got all the gear and jumped into the water, the instructor was very nice and showed us how to use the equipment. We did some exercises and dived around for 10 minutes. It was great but to be honest, diving is not my thing. Probably I’m too scared about the depth and open water in general. Nevertheless it was a nice experience and at least I dived one of the most beautiful diving spots around the world. Could have been a worse first attempt, right? Aaaand I’ve seen Nemo! :-)

 

Next stop Fraser Island and another 24 hours train ride….